How to get this look
Watch Video >
- Step 1: Prepare the hair. Towel dry your hair. Apply Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Styling Spray to the roots, section by section. Throw your head upside down and rough-dry your hair using a hairdryer on a powerful setting, without the nozzle. Use your fingers to shake up hair as it dries to encourage volume and speed up the process.
- Step 2: Separate the hair into sections using big clips to hold each section together. This will facilitate the use of your tongs in the next step.
- Step 3: Tong the hair to create curls and wave. Set your curling tongs on a medium heat setting. Take a 3-4 cm wide section of hair and grip the very end of the section with the tong clasp. TOP TIP: prevent crooked ends by ensuring the tip of the section is correctly wound around the barrel and not tucked back in on itself. Wind the length of the strand up around the barrel of the tong. Hold for 5 seconds and then unwrap the hair. Repeat until every section is curled and then throw your head upside down and gently massage the scalp so the curls relax. Massage a small drop of Frizz-Ease Secret Agent Perfecting Crème into your hands and work through the ends of the curls.
- Step 4: Define the curls. Throw your head back up to normal position and allow the curls to drop onto your shoulders. Look in the mirror to decide if there are any areas which need some extra oomph. Take your tongs and repeat the process outlined in Step 3 (but without throwing your head upside down to relax the curls). Use some Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier hairspray all over the finished look.
- Items used in this look: Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Styling Spray, Frizz-Ease Secret Agent Perfecting Creme, Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray, John Frieda hairdryer, John Frieda heated curling tong.